background

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Life Is Good

I had my FIRST all day class...whew....that was exhausting!!!!! I also had my FIRST teacher gift....awe soooo sweet, it was from a little 7 year old girl who came to class with her mom. I gave her some of my extra supplies I brought and she made me a cute little picture.

Even though class was long and exhausting everyone left with finished little mini books and happy as clams.


 And here is a little glimpse into what we made today...
                                                
 Aren't these glassine bags from SRM just the cutest??? They have been embossed using the Lifestyle Crafts embossing folders and it adds just the perfect touch of character. We also used the Life Is Good stickers (hence the name of the book) through out the whole book and the sentiments are a great way to caption pictures whenever they get added in.


 We even used some Dylusions Ink Sprays AND to add a little shimmer we used Kiwi Perfect Pearls.


 The whole book features October Afternoon papers. Oh, I LOVE, pretty much every paper line they put out :)




 We made fun little pull out tabs for the big pockets.
 This page was a lot of fun, stamping and cutting out these fun hexagon shapes from the Sweet Stamp Shop. Plus, Sweet Stamps are a local San Diego company. What a way to support local businesses, huh???  :)
And... something else cool we did, but might be a little confusing to explain, but, the side pockets are actually the BIG glassine bags (the largest ones they sell) folded three inches from the bottom and then when we put all of our bags together the three inches that were folded became an extra page, which you see in the picture above, covered in paper. Hope that makes sense.
 Here is another little pull out page


 The back of course is decorated too :)



Here is what all the little tags look like. I used the Forest Moss distress ink pad and Bottle Adirondack ink pad. I think that the tags are one of my favorite pieces of the whole book. The colors are so rich and beautiful.

Well, that pretty much wraps up my day making a little mini pocket book. And don't forget to check out the links for more fun and cool products from some of my favorite companies. Some of which you may already know :)

Lots Of Love,
Danni

4 comments: